Projects and some achievements
Past and recent projects we carried out
Right from the outset, the pioneer Chairman – Hon. Samuel Modepoola Egunjobi has put up a good fight, fighting the course of good governance, in mapping out strategies of transforming and repositioning the Community among its counterparts within the State.
No doubt, the beginning was tough with no provision for take-off grant,nor significant incentive provided by the State Government. As a new Local Council Development Area, there are bound to be initial hitches and challenges foisted on it, most especially by the anticipatory distribution of the dividends of democracy to citizenry, meeting their expectation that heralded the creation of the Local Council Development Area on one hand while agitating and confronting with desire to meet needs of the temporary Secretariat on the other hand.
Aside the initial challenges, the administration was able to lay a solid foundation through provision of various Infrastructure and basic amenities which dotted all nook and crannies of the Local Council Development Area.
Among the numerous achievements of Hon. Samuel Modepoola Egunjobi administration are indicated below:
(1) Extension of electricity to new Areas such as General Hospital, Iganna and
Baptist High School, Ilero Road, Iganna. Other extension works include extension of two phase three (3) wire at Anigilaje Area, extension of electricity from Lam Adesina Hospital to Olawumi house Egbonran, Iganna, replacement of street light from Hon. Egunjobi house to Elekokan junction, Iganna.
(2) Asphaltic patching of Iganna – Akoko Road (10 Km Road).
(3) Asphaltic patching of Iganna Aba-Tapa Road (20 Km Road).
(4) Asphaltic Tarring of Iya Abiye – Dam Road.
(5) Asphaltic Tarring of 2nd Phase of Iganna Dam – Seraph Road.
BRIDGES AND CULVERTS:
- Reinforce double cell Box Culvert over Aka River, Oke-Aka, Iganna.
- Box Culverts along Iganna Ring Road, Iganna.
- Construction of reinforced Bridge over Akoko River along Iganna – Ilero Road.
- Box Culvert along Elekokan – Tudi Road.
- Reconstruction of Culverts Slab along Odo-Eran junction at Ayede Motor Park,
- Periodic opening and grading of new roads.
- Regular supply of diesel to Iganna water works to ensure regular supply of water.
- Construction of new motorized boreholes and repair of all the boreholes across
the Local Council Development Area.
- Purchase of New Generator to power all motorized boreholes within the Local
Council Development Area.
- Dredging of Akoko River along Old Okeho – Iganna Road.
- Extention of water pipes from Adekambi house to Yante market.
- Acquisition of parcel of land in different locations for housing estates.
- Regular maintenance of health facilities to bring about efficient health care
- Constant provision of branded drugs to all health facilities.
- Provision of baby care products and financial assistance to the mother of triplet delivered in our health care centre.
- Periodic conduction of test and screening for eye detects, diabetes, blood pressure, HIV tests among others.
- To reduce malaria fever in the Council Area, health officers were mobilized to actively involve in Roll Back Malaria Programme.
- Purchase of Family Planning Service materials as well as routine awareness campaign for women of child bearing age.
- Rendering of ante natal service and health care delivery of the pregnant mothers.
The department of Environmental Health Services ensures the following:
- Regular participation in weekly and monthly environmental sanitation.
- Constant fumigation of health centres.
- Clearing of overgrown bushes, blocked drainages and road side overgrown weeds
along Iganna – Ilero road.
- Evacuation and proper disposal of refuse.
RENOVATION OF LCDA SECRETARIAT:
Administratively, the Administration renovated all the existing blocks on ground viz;
The Chairman’s office complex well tiled, Reroofed and painted.
The Education/Agric./Environmental block was tiled, reroofed and painted. The Administrative block was tiled and repainted, while Finance& Supplies department was painted.
PROCUREMENT OF COMPUTER SETS:
- To boost the moraleof workers and enhance staff efficiency, set of computers were procured for Chairman Office, Administrative office and Finance & Supplies department.
To ensure the comfort of staff, Television sets were installed in all Heads of Department Offices and various Departments. Prompt payment of staff salaries, leave bonus and other allowances were attended to by the administration.
As part of Oyo State Policy on Empowerment Scheme, the executive Chairman, Samuel Modepoola Egunjobi caonceived and deemed it fit to empower some youths in the Community not only drive home dividends of democracy but to engender human power development in order to reduce high rate of crime in the Community.
To this end the following artisans were empowered by providing necessary equipment/tools to ease their work.
(i) Sewing machine 5 beneficiaries
(ii) Other materials like Scissors etc.
(i) 5 Standing Dryer Machine
(ii) 5 Hand Dryer
(iii) 5 Washing Hand Basins
(iv) Combs and Other materials
(v) 5 Tiger Generator
(i) 5 Complete Vulcanizing Engine
(ii) Gauge and other tools
(i) 5 Complete welding machine with Tung
(ii) 5 Vices
(i) 5 Tiger Generator
(ii) Ten Clippers
(i) 5 Complete plumbing Tools
G) MOTOR MECHANICS:
(i) 5 Complete motor mechanics tools
H) MOTORCYCLE MECHANICS:
(i) 10 Complete Set of Motorcycle mechanic
(i) 10 Complete tools of Carpentry
(i) 10 Complete tools of Bricklaying
(i) 5 D.40 Photo Camera
(i) 5 Complete knitting machine
(ii) 5 Purchase (5) Yeye yawn
N) 50 pieces Purchase of sprayer machine
O) 100 pieces Purchase of Chemicals
P) Purchase of (10) Bajaj motorcycle for Vigilante
Q) Purchase 50 Juggle boots
R) Purchase of 50 Rain-Coat